Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year! New toy, new title, new outlook, new content.

Happy New Year, interwebs!

The start of a new year is always a great time to look back on the past year and pass judgement on ourselves for things we could have done differently, and then vow to do things the "right' way over the next 12 months.  This is where New Year's resolutions come from.  And even though I say this all tongue-in-cheek, I am not immune to the effect a fresh new calendar year can have on the human brain.

Which is where today's post comes in.  When I started this blog, I did it specifically to drive traffic and help with SEO for my work as a costume designer.    But in the past year the small business I started on Etsy has really grown and I find myself focusing more and more on making it a viable source of income.  It's exciting stuff, but a lot of work!  This shift led me to really examine what I want to put out in the world to help me grow my business, and I came to the conclusion that I should share more about ALL my projects on here, not just my costume design.

So here we go!  Armed with my shiny new Chromebook, a generous Christmas gift from my family that means I can work anywhere with an internet connection, I'm ready to start the new year with a "new" blog.  The name change just came to me one day and I feel like it reflects more of what my life is like and gives me more flexibility for content (plus there were like 20 other "Behind the Seams" out there).      Instead of limiting myself to posting about my design work, I'm going to share about my Etsy business (and growing it off-Etsy!), personal projects that may or may not involve sewing, and maybe even give a glimpse into the home-restoration projects that consume my weekends!  It's all game from now on!

Happy New Year, interwebs.  Let's see where 2013 takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment